Chase Middle – Hybrid Return Information, Health, Safety, Cleaning Procedures and Other Safety Steps When Students Return
Welcome back from Mr. Byrd, principal!
We wanted to give some information regarding the hybrid model (groups A and B) and the remote only schedule for next week. Beginning Tuesday, September 8th students signed up for the hybrid model will begin. The hybrid “A” group students will attend only Tuesday due to the Labor Day Holiday. The hybrid “B” group students will attend both on Thursday and Friday. More information will be sent with specifics about which classes students will attend each day. A call will be sent out Thursday (Sept. 3rd) to each hybrid group. The remote only student schedule will be shared out on the teacher canvas page with zoom meeting and other class information.
There have been some questions regarding steps taken to keep students and staff safe now that students are returning to the hybrid model.
Since we are following the governor’s order for plan B we must follow DPI and the NC Department of Health and Human Service guidelines.
Now that we can begin in-person with our hybrid students we have taken the following steps at Chase Middle to keep everyone safe:
- ALL staff and students MUST WEAR A MASK to enter and stay in the building at all times.
- Only Students and Staff will be able to enter the building in the morning. Visitors will need to contact the office to make arrangements for enrolling students or scheduling meetings.
- Students will report directly to their classroom upon entry, eat in their classroom (breakfast and lunch), and report directly outside at dismissal time to their car or bus.
- Social Distancing will be provided in seating in classrooms.
- Frequent hand washing, multiple hand sanitizer stations, and good hygiene practices will be provided throughout the school day.
- Students who will be attending school in the hybrid model will be kept with as many of the same students as possible each day to limit contact with other students and staff. Hybrid students (A track attends on Monday/Tuesday and B track attends Thursday/Friday). The first day hybrid students attend each week they will have 2 of their core classes and one of their 2 exploratory classes. The second day they attend each week they will take their other 2 core classes and the 2ndexploratory class. This will limit transitions and keep as many students together as possible each day.
- Staggered class changes and a limited number of students in hallways will be scheduled and monitored throughout the day.
- Cleaning - After each class and before students move to the next classroom, ALL classrooms will be cleaned and sanitized. We will also be cleaning all restrooms, doorknobs, and other high traffic areas multiple times throughout the day. All building areas will be thoroughly cleaned after students leave each day.
- On Wednesday and Friday extra cleaning will occur to sanitize before the next hybrid group attends school.
- Daily temperature and health screenings – all staff and students will receive a temperature check and health assessment prior to entering. Bus students will bring a paper copy of a daily affidavit and will be checked prior to exiting the bus and entering the building. Car rider students will receive a temperature check and health assessment prior to exiting their vehicle. All car riders will use the front main entrance AM and PM.
- ALL visitors entering the building will receive a temperature check and health screening.
The district has also provided an informational video concerning safety procedures located here and on our RCSNC.org website:
What if students have a fever or sickness symptoms? There are resources and information available on the Rutherford County Schools webpage at
These resources will give you detailed instructions on how each situation will be handled and the timeline and procedures to follow.
Please review these materials and reach out to one of the school administrators if you have any further questions.
We are excited to begin seeing some of our students next Tuesday!